Fantastic finish in the England v Argentina friendly. 3-2. Hopefully we can do that when it counts next year in Germany. In other friendly news, Scotland drew against the USA. The BBC reporter just said that Andy Webster's equalizer had saved Scotland from an embarrassing defeat against the States. I wonder if he's actually been watching international football over the last, ooh I don't know, 15 years.
Saturday, November 12, 2005
Friday, November 11, 2005
- Interviews completed - 13
- Interviews that primarily relied on behavioral questioning - 11
- Interviews that started with the question "Tell us about yourself" or "What led you to Marketing Research/The UW-MBA Program?" - 12
- Case Study Questions - 5
- Questions asking you to talk about a specific brand or product you think is marketed well - 4
- Rejections - 8
- Removed self from consideration - 1
- Offers - 1
- Jobs that I had decided before the interview was over that I didn't want even if I got an offer - 3
- Interviews that made me more excited about a possible position - 4
- Interviews left to take next week - 1
- Companies hiring so far with less than $1 bn in sales - 0
Posted by Keven at 6:47 PM
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
The cultural needle returns back to the 17th Century again as the infamous Kansas Board of Education voted to approve new school standards that cast foubt on the validity of evolution.
My favourite bit.
Next year they'll be planning on redefinining music to include painting, and redefining mathematics to include english literature.
"In addition, the board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena."
Posted by Keven at 10:35 PM
Governor Bob Riley of Alabama has called for a nationwide travel boycott of Aruba because of their lack of progress in the Missing White Woman Case.
In case you were wondering, here's the list of missing children in Alabama. Here's the list of missing adults.
Posted by Keven at 10:20 PM
Monday, November 07, 2005
- Take You On A Cruise – Interpol
- Breathe You In – Kurt Nilsen
- To The End Of The Earth – Keane
- 40ft – Franz Ferdinand
- Galang – M.I.A
- Wake Me When It’s Over – Longwave
- All The Things She Said – Simple Minds
- Modern Way – Kaiser Chiefs
- Already Dead – Beck
- Misty Canyon – Anjali
Posted by Keven at 12:35 AM
Sunday, November 06, 2005
...7, 8, 9, 10
Ilsa counted to ten today. I have no idea where it came from. She's never counted anything before. Not once has she put one number before another number, but then she counts all the way to ten first time.
She did this with walking. Nothing at all, and then suddenly one day at my Mum and Dad's she decided to walk across the room. It's like she stores it all up and then lets it all go at one time. Like she doesn't want to show her cards until she has a royal flush.
It makes it very difficult to tell where she is developmentally. Maybe that's her point.
Posted by Keven at 9:16 PM